Lois Churchill, Director of Operations for State Monitoring
(207) 767-8000 x207 or [email protected]
December 6, 2013
The Verification Procedures for HHFDC Affordable Housing Programs class is coming in February, 2014! See this flier for more information about location and date: HHFDC FLIER PDF
November 14, 2013
New versions of the LIHTC – RHTF – HMMF Annual Report and Certification of Continuing Compliance forms are posted and must be used when submitting end of year 2012 data. These forms and any related fees are due to the HHFDC (with a copy sent to Spectrum) no later than 2/1/14. The Status Report Database however will be due on March 1, 2014 next year due to updates that have yet to be finalized. Please do not submit or even complete databases until the updates come out to ensure that all newly required HUD data is transmitted.
October 30, 2013
The Social Security Administration has just released the new 2014 COLA adjustments. It has been adjusted to 1.5%. Please see this link for details.
September 27, 2013
Stay tuned! Lois Churchill will be in Hawaii on February 2 & 3, 2014 for her annual training. Location TBD.
July 12, 2013
Reminder: HOME Reports due 7/15/13. Send reports to the appropriate county contact and NOT to Spectrum.
May 13, 2013
The HOME rent limits have been published. See the HUD memorandum here. See the rent limits here.
May 1, 2013
Don’t forget to download the newest version of the software to avoid receiving an error message when you attempt to submit your database. See the EOY drop down menu at the left for the updated version.
April 18, 2013
Thew new 2013-2014 QAP is now available for download. Click the drop down menu at the left to view the PDF.
March 20, 2013
Home Income Limits are available here. They are effective 3/15/2013.
All compliance monitoring fee checks are to be made out to and sent to the HHFDC, not to Spectrum!
January 18, 2013
Please see the Memos and Notices menu for a transmittal from the HHFDC regarding 2013 income limits. They must be in use today, 1/18/13. Also, in the Income Limits drop-down menu at the left you will find the HHFDC income/rent limit chart for your reference. Remember, it is up to owners/managers to double check the accuracy of these limits before relying on them.
December 27, 2012
All owners and agents need to submit separate checks for monitoring fees when participating in multiple programs (LIHTC, HMMF and/or RHTF). Owners and agents need to indicate which project and program the fees are for on the checks.
December 12, 2012
2013 LIHTC Income Limits have been revised. Follow this link for more information and clarification.
The effective date of this income limit data is 12/4/2012. All properties must utilize the new amounts within 45 days. January 18, 2013 would be the deadline
December 5, 2012
End of year submission letters were emailed to owners/managers of LIHTC, RHTF, and/or HMMF financed properties today. Submission deadline is 2/1/13. You can find those letters under the End of Year drop down menus to the left.
November 28, 2012
Please start using the new LIHTC Employment Verification form available under the Required and Recommended drop down menu at the left.
November 2, 2012
The End of Year Owners report has been updated for the LIHTC/HMMF and RHTF programs. Please see the new forms in the drop down menus to the left.
October 30, 2012
Several forms have been updated or added to the Recommended and Required forms drop down at the left. The revised LIHTC/HMMF TIC and self-certification form are available in Word and in Excel. These forms should be used starting immediately. The HMMF quarterly report is also now posted.
June 15, 2012
The HOME/NSP Rental Compliance Report is due July 15. Find the form and further details under the HOME End of Year forms drop down menu at the left. The report is to show activity from July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012.
January 20, 2012
2012 HOME Rent and Income Limits Published December 7, 2011 The new 2012 income limits have been posted. Please use this link.
November 3, 2011
We have received clarification for HUD’s Hawaii office that for HOME properties annual certification with verification of income using source documents must be done at move-in and every sixth year of an individual tenant household’s tenancy. If you do not currently verify income/assets of HOME tenants each year (allowed only if there are no other affordable programs attached to the property) make sure you are doing so at move-in, in year six, twelve, etc.
March 18, 2011
The HHFDC has published their QAP for 2011-2012. Download from our LIHTC Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP) link here or under the drop down menu.
The Section 8 Income verification form has been revised and now may be used in most housing programs at annual certification. (4/10)
- Memo determining and Verifying Income Eligibility (PDF)
- Section 8 Income Verification Form (PDF)
With passage of the HR 3221, HUD is required to gather demographic information for LIHTC properties. It is optional on tenants’ part but management must make a ‘best guess’ if not provided. Please begin using this TIC immediately.
The HOME/NSP Rental Compliance Report is due July 15 every year (EXCEL)
HOME Compliance Status Report Instructions (PDF) (DOC)
2013 Annual Report/Owner Certification (PDF)(DOC)
2012 Letter to Owners HMMF (Sent December 5, 2012)(PDF)
HMMF Report of Continuing Program Compliance(PDF) (WORD)
HMMF Compliance Monitoring Status Report(EXCEL)
Transmittal from the HHFDC regarding 2013 income limits (PDF)
IRS 8823 Audit Guide (Revised April 2011) (PDF)
HUD 4350.3 REV-1 Change 3 (August 2009) (PDF)
Revised Chapter 5 (PDF)
IRS Notice 2009-44 (PDF)
Memo to Owners/Managers- LIHTC Changes in Annual Certification Procedures (PDF)
HHFDC LIHTC Self-certification of Annual Income Form (PDF)
IRS Final Utility Allowance Regulations (Effective July 29, 2008) (PDF)
Required LIHTC/HMMF Tenant Forms:
- Application for Housing (PDF)
- Certification of Zero Income (PDF)
- Interview Checklist (PDF)
- Recertification Update (PDF)
- HHFDC Tenant Income Certification (PDF) (DOC)
- HHFDC LIHTC/HMMF Self Certification Form(PDF)
Required HMMF Forms:
- HMMF Report of Continuing Program Compliance(PDF) (DOC)
- HMMF Compliance Monitoring Status Report(EXCEL)
Recommended LIHTC Forms:
- Annuity Verification (PDF)
- Asset Income Verification (PDF)
- Authorization to Release Information (PDF)
- Certification Worksheet (PDF)
- Child Support or Alimony Verification (PDF)
- Employment Income Verification (PDF)(DOC)
- Financial Aid Affidavit (PDF)
- Investment Verification (PDF)
- Life Insurance Verification (PDF)
- No Change In Income Statement (PDF)
- Pension Verification (PDF)
- Public Assistance TANF Verification (PDF)
- Real Estate Asset Worksheet (PDF)
- Real Estate Verification (PDF)
- Section 8 Income Verification (PDF)
- Self Employment Affidavit (PDF)
- Self-Certification of Annual Income HHFDC (PDF)
- Social Security / SSI Verification (PDF)
- Student Status Household Verification (PDF)
- Student Status Household Verification Additional Use (PDF)
- Student Verification (PDF)
- Telephone Verification (PDF)
- Unable to Obtain Third Party Verification (PDF)
- Unemployed Status Affidavit (PDF)
- Unemployment Verification (PDF)
- Verification of Terminated Employment (PDF)
- Veteran’s Pension Verification (PDF)
Required HOME and NSP Forms
HOME-NSP Rental Compliance Report
Required RAP Forms
- Certification and Application for RAP (EXCEL)
- RAP Certification of Eligibility (WORD) (PDF)
- RAP Funds Authorization (WORD)
- RAP TIC Worksheet (PDF)